Software Engineer, Full Stack (Products)
Equal Access to High-Quality Education Moves Our World Forward
At Cadmus, we believe every student should have equal opportunity to achieve academic excellence; that’s why we’re changing how the world learns!
Cadmus is a global EdTech company purposefully built for the higher education sector to break down global learning barriers by providing educators and diverse student cohorts with access to high-quality learning and assessment. Built on rich, student-centric values, Cadmus empowers individuals to achieve their highest potential and graduate with the critical skills and knowledge to impact our workforces, communities, and evolving world profoundly.
A Bold Plan for Global Impact
At Cadmus, we’re working hard to achieve an ambitious, world-shaping goal: to provide 1 billion students with access to high-quality education by 2050.
That’s why we need a Front-End Software Engineer to join our team and help us deliver our signature high-quality experience for our users worldwide — ensuring our product features are reliable, performant and set up to scale. We want to do everything possible to ensure our users enjoy their experience and love our platform. With countless opportunities to make an impact, you’ll help us solve exciting engineering challenges and deliver improved functionality to take Cadmus even further.
About the role
As a Front End Developer, you'll work across multiple codebases with a small team of cross-functional developers to solve various product engineering and architectural design challenges. You'll apply your software engineering skills to build performant, modern front-end applications with functional paradigms in React and Typescript. You will work on building a Rich-Text editing environment with collaborative and offline features, tackling unique problems at the bleeding edge of modern web development. You will have ownership of our design system libraries. You'll assist in designing the GraphQL schemas and API architecture.
Exciting and fresh work is being done in delivering the Cadmus Platform across regions and implementing development and operational practices which will shape the future of the Cadmus Engineering team.
We want to hear from developers passionate about building modern web applications and end-to-end enterprise SaaS platforms. You love exploring new technologies to solve problems and constantly want to improve our users’ experience. You have an eye for UI design and an interest in applying product development methodologies to boost the user experience. You thrive working in a team, love end-to-end ownership, obsess over details, and use data to help make the best choices for the wider business.
Skills you will need to bring:
- Full Stack Development: 7+ years of professional experience in software development. You can develop rich front-end applications in React and Typescript. You can use advanced web and browser knowledge to create performant web applications. Additionally, you have 2+ years in backend languages like TypeScript (NodeJS), Elixir, Rust, Go, etc.
- End-to-End Picture: You understand the complete picture of building, deploying, testing, and monitoring front-end applications on the cloud and across browsers. Based on experience and knowledge of the state of the art in front-end, you make pragmatic suggestions for improving tooling and abstractions.
- High-Quality UI: You can translate high-level designs into production-ready UI. Your CSS, JS, and DOM knowledge is immaculate, and you can work closely with designers to enhance our design systems. You are comfortable making judgment calls on tradeoffs and edge cases in the user experience on your own.
- Computer Science: Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Computer Science, Software Engineering or an equivalent from a top university. Knowledge of computer science fundamentals, data structures and design patterns, and an ability to use them practically when implementing solutions.
- Communication Skills: You have advanced English communication skills. You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real time. You have excellent debugging skills and an eye for perfection.
- Team player: You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals and care about learning, growing, and helping others do the same. You want to improve internal tooling and understand user problems in collaboration with the product team.
Nice to Haves:
- Startup DNA: You’re flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and have experience scaling systems to support rapid growth. You are capable of cross-functional learning and can visualise process improvements.
- Rich Text Editor: You are well-versed in building collaborative editing environments with distributed backends. You have a computer science view of the needed data structures and event-driven architectures.
- A remote-friendly, flexible working culture; where you can work from any global location
- A diverse and inclusive workplace where there are no barriers to anyone succeeding
- A surrounding team of mission-driven individuals who genuinely love what they do
- Equity incentives; that way, we all share in the success of Cadmus
- Mentoring and succession planning for your career
We're a remote-friendly company, and this role is open to candidates in India.
Apply online with your resume only.
Instead of a cover letter, we’d love for you to answer a few questions alongside your application.
Our interview process is usually a hiring manager interview, a programming task, a technical interview, and 1-2 hours of team interviews that will be held via Zoom.
While we review your application, please get to know us by visiting cadmus.io or following our social channels.
Inclusivity at Cadmus
At Cadmus, we hire great people from various backgrounds because it strengthens our company. We never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, or disability status. If you share our values and enthusiasm for education, you will find a home at Cadmus.
If you need assistance or accommodations made due to a disability, please let us know.