Principal Product Designer
At Cadmus, we believe every student should have equal opportunity to achieve academic excellence; that’s why we’re changing how the world learns!
Cadmus is a global EdTech company purposefully built for the higher education sector to break down global learning barriers by providing educators and diverse student cohorts with access to high-quality learning and assessment. Built on rich, student-centric values, Cadmus empowers individuals to achieve their highest potential and graduate with the critical skills and knowledge to profoundly impact our workforces, communities, and evolving world.
At Cadmus, we’re working hard in pursuit of an ambitious, world-shaping goal: to provide 1 billion students with access to high-quality education by 2050.
About the role
We need a superstar Lead Product Designer to join our team and help us maintain a high-quality experience for our users worldwide. We want to do everything we can to ensure our users enjoy their experience and love our platform. With countless opportunities to make an impact, you'll help us conduct user research, solve product challenges and evolve the Cadmus platform further.
A typical day will see you split between working on projects, generating user insights, and advocating design thinking in all directions. It's your responsibility to ensure we think about future products in the right manner, ensure a delightful user experience, and iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
This is a truly unique opportunity to help shape our design capabilities, and contribute to the culture of the product team.
In this role you'll:
- Convert ideas into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes that result in simple user interactions.
- By conducting research, coming up with ideas, drawing, prototyping, and user testing for digital products, you will support the product vision.
- Recognise design issues and come up with tasteful remedies. Create user-engaging designs that are creative.
- Work on new and existing native apps and web products while upholding a high standard of design.
- Create developer-ready detailed designs for handover.
- Together with our technical teams and product leadership, develop new design systems and continuously improve the existing design systems.
- Able to follow established brand guidelines or to develop new ones as necessary.
- Provide detailed planning and timely communication in a fast-paced setting to guarantee deadlines are reached.
- Mentor other team members, including junior designers, to speak the Cadmus language, and build for it accordingly
We’d LOVE to hear from you if you are:
- Comfortable working with PMs and Engineers across numerous products
- 8+ years of industry expertise in product design.
- A superb design portfolio that demonstrates the ability to think strategically and to design products.
- Outstanding understanding of design systems, web design, and product design processes.
- Figma proficiency
- A solid command of site architecture, user interface design, functionality design, interaction design, and navigation design.
We'd REALLY LOVE to hear from you if you have:
- Startup DNA; you’re flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and have experience hustling to support rapid growth
- Designed products for international audiences
- Experience with the ed-tech sector
- A remote-friendly, flexible working culture; where you can work from any global location
- A diverse and inclusive workplace where there are no barriers to anyone succeeding
- A surrounding team of mission-driven individuals who genuinely love what they do
- Equity incentives; that way, we all share in the success of Cadmus
- Mentoring and succession planning for your career
Apply online with your resume and portfolio. We’d love for you to answer a few questions alongside your application. Our interview process is normally a hiring manager interview, a design task, a debrief conversation and a bar raiser round.
Inclusivity at Cadmus
At Cadmus, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, or disability status. If you share our values and enthusiasm for education, you will find a home at Cadmus. If you need assistance or accommodations made due to a disability, please let us know.