Senior Back-End Software Application Engineer (Node.js, TypeScript), London UK
Founded in 2018, Causaly accelerates how humans acquire knowledge and develop insights in Biomedicine. We enable researchers and decision-makers to discover evidence from millions of academic publications, clinical trials, regulatory documents, patents and other data sources… in minutes.
Using our AI technology, we are developing the world’s biggest knowledge platform in Biomedicine powered by a high-precision Knowledge Graph.
We work with some of the world's largest biopharma companies and institutions on use cases spanning Drug Discovery, Safety and Competitive Intelligence. You can read more about how we accelerate knowledge acquisition and improve decision making in our blog posts here: Blog - Causaly
We are backed by top VCs including Index Ventures, Pentech and Marathon.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Back-End Software Engineer to work on our API and business services. Please read below for a full description of the available position.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years work experience with back-end applications
- Familiarity with Node.js
- Good knowledge of web architecture (URIs, HTTP, Caching, etc)
- Proficiency in Git version control
- Familiarity with UNIX terminal
- Excellent knowledge of English language (verbal and written)
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience working with SQL
- Experience working with Knowledge Graphs and graph databases, such as Neo4J
- Experience working with Full-Text search databases, such as ElasticSearch
- Good understanding of GraphQL
- Experience working with Docker
- Experience working with AWS or Google Cloud
The list below is indicative and not exhaustive of the technologies we use at Causaly.
- Competitive compensation package
- Private medical insurance (underwritten on a medical health disregarded basis)
- Life insurance (4 x salary)
- Individual training/development budget through Learnerbly
- Individual wellbeing budget through Juno
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays and 1 day birthday leave per year
- Hybrid working (home + office)
- Potential to have real impact and accelerated career growth as an early member of a multinational team that's building a transformative knowledge product
Be yourself at Causaly... Difference is valued. Everyone belongs.
Diversity. Equity. Inclusion. They are more than words at Causaly. It's how we work together. It's how we build teams. It's how we grow leaders. It's what we nurture and celebrate. It's what helps us innovate. It's what helps us connect with the customers and communities we serve.
We are on a mission to accelerate scientific breakthroughs for ALL humankind and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and fairly consider qualified candidates without regard to race, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity, genetics, age, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, domestic / family status, veteran status or any other difference.