Biomedical Information Specialist
Founded in 2018, Causaly accelerates how humans acquire knowledge and develop insights in Biomedicine. We enable researchers and decision-makers to discover evidence from millions of academic publications, clinical trials, regulatory documents, patents and other data sources… in minutes.
Using our AI technology, we are developing the world’s biggest knowledge platform in Biomedicine powered by a high-precision Knowledge Graph.
We work with some of the world's largest biopharma companies and institutions on use cases spanning Drug Discovery, Safety and Competitive Intelligence. You can read more about how we accelerate knowledge acquisition and improve decision making in our blog posts here: Blog - Causaly
We are backed by top VCs including Index Ventures, Pentech and Marathon.
We are hiring a Biomedical Information Specialist to join our science editorial team, who is going to supercharge the quality of the content we deliver on our platform. As part of the Biomedical Information Specialist team you will be working in the identification and curation of biomedical texts, maintaining respective ontologies, as well as participating in the development of related curation processes.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of biomedical dictionaries and ontologies used across our scientific products
- Assist and evaluate the annotation process for creating machine learning models, together with the engineering teams and product owners
- Maintain key biomedical ontologies and relevant documentation
- Provide input on data quality and detect errors in a timely manner
- Collaborate with members of the team to ensure the highest level of quality
- BSc/MSc in Biomedical sciences
- Proficiency with digital tools, especially Office suite products (esp. Excel)
- Excellent command over English language
- Great interpersonal skills
- Well organized, meticulous and disciplined with regards to policy, procedures and standards
- Self-motivated with the ability to deliver consistently and autonomously
- Ability to work in a team with diverse backgrounds and collaborate effectively
Good to have:
- 1+ years of experience in editorial function curating content for Life Science business domain (biology, pharma)
- Experience in the use of various biomedical data sources (e.g. Ensembl, NCBI) and/or the use of medical ontology databases and dictionaries (e.g. UMLS)
- Experience with building training sets for machine learning models
- Basic understanding/use of a programming language (e.g. R, Python)
- Competitive Salary
- Hybrid working (home + office)
- Annual training budget for professional development (e.g. books, video tutorials)
- Excessive sick-leave package
- Plenty of opportunity to take on more responsibility as we grow
- Be part of a multinational, diverse and exceptional team to build a transformative knowledge product that has real impact