Software Engineer in Test (Node.js, TypeScript), Athens or Greece Remote
Causaly accelerates how humans acquire knowledge and develop insights in Biomedicine. We enable researchers and decision-makers to discover evidence from millions of academic publications, clinical trials, regulatory documents, patents and other data sources... in minutes. Using our AI technology, we are developing the world’s biggest knowledge platform in Biomedicine powered by a high-precision Knowledge Graph.
We work with some of the world's largest biopharma companies and institutions on use cases spanning Drug Discovery, Safety and Competitive Intelligence. For example, read how Causaly is used in Target Identification here: AI-supported-target-identification-for-systemic-lupus-erythematosus.
We are backed by top VCs including Index Ventures, Pentech and Marathon.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a SET (Software Engineer in Test) who will work closely with our Engineering and Product teams to improve the quality of our user interface and API. Please read below for a full description of the available position.
- 3+ years of work experience in software quality assurance
- Comprehensive understanding of software QA methodologies, strategies & all levels of the testing pyramid
- Demonstrated ability to plan, conduct and monitor testing cycles
- Experience in applying a wide-range of automation frameworks and techniques.
- Experience and solid understanding of Agile Methodologies
- Good knowledge of web architecture (URIs, HTTP, Caching, etc) and experience in testing Web services
- Proficiency in Git version control
- Excellent knowledge of English language (verbal and written)
- Appreciation of coding standards and best practices
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with SQL and executing QA strategies for data validation
- Experience with load and capacity testing
The list below is indicative and not comprehensive of the technologies we use at Causaly.
- Tailwind CSS
- Competitive salary (see below)
- Apple, Lenovo or Dell equipment (based on your OS preference)
- Annual training budget for professional development (e.g. books, video tutorials)
- Excessive sick-leave package
- Plenty of opportunity to take on more responsibility as we grow
- Be part of a multinational, diverse and exceptional team to build a transformative knowledge product that has real impact
- Annual team retreat to secret destination
The salary we offer is based on skills, professional experience and team fit. The applicant will be required to prove their qualifications via interview and written assignment. The salary range is as follows.
- Mid-Senior QA Engineers: 30K - 50K EUR/year
- Senior QA Engineers: 50K+ EUR/year
Who is this position for?
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is humble, open to feedback and appreciates code quality
The recruitment process at Causaly is as follows.
- Evaluate applicant's CV
- Initial call with Causaly talent partner to discuss role, responsibilities and expectations (30 mins)
- Pair-coding session with Causaly engineers (30 mins)
- Fit interview with Causaly engineering managers (45 mins)
- Technical assessment (4 hours commitment over 1 week time-span, depending on the applicant's expertise)
- Final stage interviews with Causaly founders (1 hour)
- Receive offer letter
Causaly welcomes applications from all backgrounds. We are committed to diversity regardless of gender, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.