Software Engineer in Test (Node.js, TypeScript), London UK (Hybrid Location)
Founded in 2018, Causaly accelerates how humans acquire knowledge and develop insights in Biomedicine. We enable researchers and decision-makers to discover evidence from millions of academic publications, clinical trials, regulatory documents, patents and other data sources… in minutes.
Using our AI technology, we are developing the world’s biggest knowledge platform in Biomedicine powered by a high-precision Knowledge Graph.
We work with some of the world's largest biopharma companies and institutions on use cases spanning Drug Discovery, Safety and Competitive Intelligence. You can read more about how we accelerate knowledge acquisition and improve decision making in our blog posts here: Blog - Causaly
We are backed by top VCs including Index Ventures, Pentech and Marathon.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a SET (Software Engineer in Test) who will work closely with our Engineering and Product teams to improve the quality of our user interface and API. This is a hands-on role and we expect candidates to be proficient at writing software. Please read below for a full description of the available position.
- 3+ years of work experience in software quality assurance
- Comprehensive understanding of software QA methodologies, strategies & all levels of the testing pyramid
- Demonstrated ability to plan, conduct and monitor testing cycles
- Experience in applying a wide-range of automation frameworks and techniques.
- Experience and solid understanding of Agile Methodologies
- Good knowledge of web architecture (URIs, HTTP, Caching, etc) and experience in testing Web services
- Proficiency in Git version control
- Excellent knowledge of English language (verbal and written)
- Appreciation of coding standards and best practices
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with SQL and executing QA strategies for data validation
- Experience with load and capacity testing
- Experience with TypeScript
The list below is indicative and not comprehensive of the technologies we use at Causaly.
- Tailwind CSS
- Competitive compensation package
- Private medical insurance (underwritten on a medical health disregarded basis)
- Life insurance (4 x salary)
- Individual training/development budget through Learnerbly
- Individual wellbeing budget through Juno
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays and 1 day birthday leave per year
- Hybrid working (home + office)
- Potential to have real impact and accelerated career growth as an early member of a multinational team that's building a transformative knowledge product
Who is this position for?
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is humble, open to feedback and appreciates code quality.
The recruitment process at Causaly is as follows.
- Evaluate applicant's CV
- Initial call with Causaly talent partner to discuss role, responsibilities and expectations (30 mins)
- Pair-coding session with Causaly engineers (30 mins)
- Fit interview with Causaly engineering managers (45 mins)
- Technical assessment (4 hours commitment over 1 week time-span, depending on the applicant's expertise)
- Final stage interviews with Causaly founders (1 hour)
- Receive offer letter
Be yourself at Causaly... Difference is valued. Everyone belongs.
Diversity. Equity. Inclusion. They are more than words at Causaly. It's how we work together. It's how we build teams. It's how we grow leaders. It's what we nurture and celebrate. It's what helps us innovate. It's what helps us connect with the customers and communities we serve.
We are on a mission to accelerate scientific breakthroughs for ALL humankind and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and fairly consider qualified candidates without regard to race, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity, genetics, age, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, domestic / family status, veteran status or any other difference.