Senior Front-End Software Engineer (React, TypeScript), London
Causaly accelerates how humans acquire knowledge and develop insights in Biomedicine. We enable researchers and decision-makers to discover evidence from millions of academic publications, clinical trials, regulatory documents, patents and other data sources... in minutes. Using our AI technology, we are developing the world’s biggest knowledge platform in Biomedicine powered by a high-precision Knowledge Graph.
We work with some of the world's largest biopharma companies and institutions on use cases spanning Drug Discovery, Safety and Competitive Intelligence. For example, read how Causaly is used in Target Identification here: AI-supported-target-identification-for-systemic-lupus-erythematosus.
We are backed by top VCs including Index Ventures, Pentech and Marathon.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Front-End Software Engineer to work on our customer facing application. Please read below for a full description of the available position.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years work experience with front-end applications
- Experience with React
- Good knowledge of web architecture (URIs, HTTP, Caching, etc)
- Proficiency in Git version control
- Familiarity with UNIX terminal
- Excellent knowledge of English language (verbal and written)
- Experience with TypeScript
- 2+ years of experience developing web applications with Node.js
- Good understanding of GraphQL
The list below is indicative and not comprehensive of the technologies we use at Causaly.
- Tailwind CSS
- Competitive salary
- Apple, Lenovo or Dell equipment (based on your OS preference)
- Annual training budget for professional development (e.g. books, video tutorials)
- Plenty of opportunity to take on more responsibility as we grow
- Be part of a multinational, diverse and exceptional team to build a transformative knowledge product that has real impact
Who is this position for?
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is humble, open to feedback and appreciates code quality.
The recruitment process at Causaly is as follows.
- Evaluate applicant's CV
- Initial call with Causaly talent partner to discuss role, responsibilities and expectations (30 mins)
- Pair-coding session with Causaly engineers (30 mins)
- Fit interview with Causaly engineering managers (45 mins)
- Technical assessment (4 hours commitment over 1 week time-span, depending on the applicant's expertise)
- Final stage interviews with Causaly founders (1 hour)
- Receive offer letter
Causaly welcomes applications from all backgrounds. We are committed to diversity regardless of gender, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.