Principal, Product Strategy
Founded in 2018, Causaly accelerates how humans acquire knowledge and develop insights in Biomedicine. We enable researchers and decision-makers to discover evidence from millions of academic publications, clinical trials, regulatory documents, patents and other data sources… in minutes.
Using our AI technology, we are developing the world’s biggest knowledge platform in Biomedicine powered by a high-precision Knowledge Graph.
We work with some of the world's largest biopharma companies and institutions on use cases spanning Drug Discovery, Safety and Competitive Intelligence. You can read more about how we accelerate knowledge acquisition and improve decision making in our blog posts here: Blog - Causaly
We are backed by top VCs including Index Ventures, Pentech and Marathon.
About the role:
At Causaly, we’re building a category defining product that transforms how our users think and decide in biomedicine. As the Principal Product Strategist, we will look to you to help us drive this product vision and bring it to life.
You will own the intelligence shaping our roadmaps, and the strategic direction of our product. To make this happen, you will work at the intersection of commercial, product and technology teams – and critically, our customers.
To be successful in this role, you will combine strategic thinking with execution, and use your domain knowledge and analytical thinking to deeply understand customer problems and translate it to business value.
You will be the first senior hire in Product Strategy function, reporting to the Director of Product Strategy. This is an individual contributor role, with scope for people management responsibilities as the function grows.
What you’ll be doing:
- Shape long-term strategy: Lead the development of our 1-3 year strategic product investments by owning the market opportunity analysis for new products at Causaly. Collaborate closely with leadership, commercial teams and Product teams to construct compelling business cases and rationale, guiding investment decisions based on a deep understanding of market dynamics.
- Product insights: Champion the "Understand" roadmap at Company X by overseeing the prioritization and resolution of critical product questions every quarter. Establish a solid foundation of knowledge to enhance product development and delivery, ensuring alignment with our overarching strategic goals.
- Customer insights: Create deep understanding of our users and customers by speaking with our customers, and going through feedback (quant. and qual.) from various channels (customer calls, QBRs, incoming product requests, usage data etc.). You will help us define customer segments and continuously evolve our understanding of our users and their use cases, steering our product direction.
- Market insights: Collaborate with our commercial and go to market teams (Sales, Customer Success, Marketing) to understand the market and competitive dynamics. Translate these insights into effective product positioning strategies that resonate commercially and with our customers.
- Align Product and GTM efforts: Be the conduit between our Product and GTM teams on outbound activities that get our products to market and customers and ensure alignment on positioning, messaging, and feedback loops.
- Build scalable processes and systems: help build the processes and systems that will help us scale and be more effective as a Product Development organization
What we’re looking for:
- A seasoned and structured strategic thinker with at least 4-6 years experience in a top-tier strategy consulting firm
- Expertise in the biomedical or life sciences domain through an educational background or professional experience
- Demonstrated ownership mindset with a proven track record of assuming increasing responsibilities and capacity to work autonomously
- Proficiency in navigating complex problems and working in ambiguous environments
- Exceptional communication skills, capable of articulating customer and commercial insights to a diverse product and technology audience
- Demonstrated stakeholder and program management skills, organizing groups of people around common objectives
- Competitive compensation package
- Private medical insurance (underwritten on a medical health disregarded basis)
- Life insurance (4 x salary)
- Individual training/development budget through Learnerbly
- Individual wellbeing budget through Juno
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays and 1 day birthday leave per year
- Hybrid working (home + office)
- Potential to have real impact and accelerated career growth as an early member of a multinational team that's building a transformative knowledge product
Be yourself at Causaly... Difference is valued. Everyone belongs.
Diversity. Equity. Inclusion. They are more than words at Causaly. It's how we work together. It's how we build teams. It's how we grow leaders. It's what we nurture and celebrate. It's what helps us innovate. It's what helps us connect with the customers and communities we serve.
We are on a mission to accelerate scientific breakthroughs for ALL humankind and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and fairly consider qualified candidates without regard to race, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity, genetics, age, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, domestic / family status, veteran status or any other difference.