Head of Financial Control (Maternity Leave Cover - 9 months Fixed Term Contract)
Founded in 2018, Causaly accelerates how humans acquire knowledge and develop insights in Biomedicine. We enable researchers and decision-makers to discover evidence from millions of academic publications, clinical trials, regulatory documents, patents and other data sources in minutes.
Using our AI technology, we are developing the world’s biggest knowledge platform in Biomedicine powered by a high-precision Knowledge Graph.
We work with some of the world's largest biopharma companies and institutions on use cases spanning Drug Discovery, Safety and Competitive Intelligence. You can read more about how we accelerate knowledge acquisition and improve decision making in our blog posts here:
We are backed by top VCs including Iconiq, Index Ventures, Pentech and Marathon.
We are scaling up fast and we now have a fantastic opportunity for a world class Head of Financial Control to join us to cover Maternity Leave, to continue to build our accounting engine and help grow our team in the UK, Greece and US.
The role reports directly to our VP Finance, will have lots of autonomy and huge scope for personal growth and professional progression.
What you will be responsible for:
- Being the key contact point for the financial year 2023 audit
- Manage our international entities and ensure all relevant compliance requirements are met including payroll and tax (Strong US focus)
- Drive the month end close process ensuring deadlines are met without delay and that the transactional side of the business is always in hand
- Review internal control processes to ensure it is as efficient and effective as possible
- Support the VP Finance, on budgeting, financial data analysis and reporting of key topic areas
- Manage banking relationships and intercompany and cross border transactions, including exchange rate implications
- Maintaining a seamless relationship with the FP&A team to include regular collaboration, constant feedback and strong alignment on goals and deadlines
- Lead a suitability review of our accounting software
- Maintain a view of best-in-class software providers that would further optimise the team’s efficiency
You will be a good fit if:
- Fully qualified (ideally ACA)
- Strong understanding of international finance and accounting processes
- Strong understanding of international finance and accounting regulations and controls
- Proven ability to drive process change/improvements
- Resilient approach to start up dynamics and complex problem-solving
- Passion for detail and ensuring accuracy of data inputs / outputs
- Ability to prioritise workload and deliver to tight deadlines / communicate and manage
- expectations effectively
- Strong Excel skills
- Competitive compensation package
- Private medical insurance (underwritten on a medical health disregarded basis)
- Life insurance (4 x salary)
- Individual training/development budget through Learnerbly
- Individual wellbeing budget through Juno
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays and 1 day birthday leave per year (Pro-Rated for 9 months FTC tenure)
- Hybrid working (home + office)
- Potential to have real impact and accelerated career growth as an early member of a multinational team that's building a transformative knowledge product
Be yourself at Causaly... Difference is valued. Everyone belongs.
Diversity. Equity. Inclusion. They are more than words at Causaly. It's how we work together. It's how we build teams. It's how we grow leaders. It's what we nurture and celebrate. It's what helps us innovate. It's what helps us connect with the customers and communities we serve.
We are on a mission to accelerate scientific breakthroughs for ALL humankind and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and fairly consider qualified candidates without regard to race, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity, genetics, age, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, domestic / family status, veteran status or any other difference.