Data Science - Specialist Learning Experience Designer (LXD)
Design, Data Science
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Your MissionDo you enjoy transforming technical data science content into engaging learning experiences that motivate and inspire? Join our learning design team, and you can make a difference by designing and developing learning experiences to help learners achieve employability outcomes in data science. What Your Day-to-day Will Look Like With Us
- Exemplify FourthRev’s values while demonstrating a commitment to our vision and strategy.
- Analyse, design, develop, implement and evaluate educational content and learning assets for FourthRev’s data science products
- Demonstrate the principles of project-based learning, backward design and user-centric design in creating learning experiences.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Data Subject Leads throughout the end-to-end design process, including:
- Refining the course map with lead learning designers and Product Owners
- Finalising learning outcomes
- Developing course and module-level learning outcomes
- Creating assessment tasks and activities
- Developing assessment rubrics
- Understanding of the importance of accessible design principles
- Working with subject matter expert content to build learning materials based on advanced data science concepts
- Evaluation of pilot testing data and feedback to inform course enhancements
- Create high-quality course materials, including:
- Project-based learning activities and content
- Data science-based practical activities leading to portfolio opportunities
- Reflective opportunities
- Written content
- Video scripts
- Motion graphic briefs
- Graphic briefs
- Audio content
- Interactive content through the use of H5Ps
- Live session and masterclass materials
- Critically review the existing content of storyboards, video scripts and other assets to ensure they:
- align with assessment activities
- align with course-level outcomes
- align with the course-level structure
- follow sound pedagogical principles
- follow accessibility guidelines
- align with best learning design practices.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and other learning designers to perform reviews of learning content on the Canvas platform.
- Collaborate and liaise with peers, cross-functional team members, subject matter experts, and other internal stakeholders
- Work closely with subject matter experts (SMEs) to guide them in producing quality learning materials.
- Support the project management of the programme, the course builds and ongoing product enhancement processes by informing the project plans, ensuring course development work is delivered to deadlines, and communicating risks
- Support other team members in selected areas, e.g. as a data specialist.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Education, Learning Design, Teaching Data Science, Technical Writing
- 5+ years of data science learning design / teaching experience
- Ability to transform complex technical material into student-centric, easy-to-understand and engaging online courses, documentation, and instructor-led course materials
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Experience designing and developing high-quality, learner-centric online learning experiences in advanced data science at the post-graduate level
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines with quality performance
- Highly organised and detail-oriented
- Willingness to embrace the unknown, be flexible and continually learn in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to coach and mentor others in the team.
- You’ll tackle unique and challenging opportunities and embrace the unknown, supported by an amazing and talented team of professionals who genuinely care and want you to succeed
- Your voice matters. We believe that people matter and that our success as an organisation is driven by the people within it
- You’ll become part of a greater community. We’re passionate about enabling the growth of others, mentorship, lifelong learning, supporting learners in the digital economy and other causes
- We are a globally diverse team with colleagues spanning different time zones including the U.K. Australia and South Africa. Let us know where you are, we will see if we can make it work!