London Interdisciplinary School (LIS)
The challenges humanity is facing aren’t the stuff of dystopia, science fiction, or textbooks. They’re happening today – and they’ve never been more complex and interconnected. Yet our higher education system is still structured in silos, leaving graduates ill-equipped to tackle the complexity that surrounds them. The next generation is now demanding to learn in a different way. That’s where The London Interdisciplinary School comes in.
LIS is a startup university that equips learners with an interdisciplinary toolkit to tackle the complex, real-world problems of the 21st century. With a world-class faculty, three exceptional founding cohorts and close partnerships with global organisations such as McKinsey, KPMG and innocent, LIS is building a new type of education for those who want to shape the world, not just fit in.
About the job
We are seeking a dedicated and dynamic Finance Officer to join a small but growing Finance team which is part of the wider ‘Office of the CEO’ department and who will support the team to achieve the organisational goals.
They will be responsible for the accurate posting of purchase invoices and payments into the accounting system, raising sales invoices to hirers and students, chasing payment where necessary, liaising with other staff members for copies of expense receipts, reconciling bank and other accounts and assisting the Head of Finance and HR and the Management Accountant with other financial tasks commensurate with the role.
- Track and reconcile bank statements
- Post all expenses into the accounting system from Soldo
- Chase up staff for receipts where necessary
- Create monthly cost analysis reports
- Support monthly payroll and keep organised records
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Provide administrative support during budget preparation
- Participate in annual audits
- Experience of working in a busy office
- Good MS Excel skills
- Organisational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Ability to liaise with people at all levels
- Familiarity with accounting software packages (e.g. Xero or Quickbooks)
- Studying for AAT or another accounting qualification or willing to do so
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or economics
If you do not meet all the criteria set out above but are positive about making a significant impact in the role, please make an application.
- £60 monthly gym membership
- 8% contributory pension (3% employee, 5% employer)
- Optional health care
- £1k per annum training budget
- 30 days annual leave (excl. bank holidays)