Student Success Manager
London Interdisciplinary School (LIS)
We at the London Interdisciplinary School are seeking a dedicated and dynamic Student Success Manager who can help LIS develop its innovative approach to student success and support.
If you are passionate about creating new and distinctive forms of students support as an organisation begins to scale we’d love to hear from you.
You will be working with the Head of Student Support to create the systems which will ensure that our students are able to realise their potential whilst being provided with outstanding 1:1 support.
You will work with a full range of students including those with health conditions/disabilities and diverse groups such as those from widening participation backgrounds.
In this role, you will work closely across our excellent team encompassing Faculty, our Pastoral lead and Head of Academic Services. You’ll foster positive relationships with students and build on our strong student retention, completion, and academic progression rates.
Your experience in delivering high-quality learning support, organising effective extra-curricular activities, and providing effective coaching will be essential.
You will have an innovative and research-backed approach to student support and be ready to conduct new initiatives.
- We want you to help shape the systems and mix of support needed so that students from diverse backgrounds can realise their potential.
- As well as the big picture, you’ll be actively involved on the ground, managing one-to-one casework so our students can develop their confidence and strategies for effective study. This will include helping students with organisation and planning, problem solving and time management. Our shared goal is to help students to be self-reliant and independent learners.
- You will work with our Faculty module leads on group based interventions to improve student engagement.
- You will be able to provide engaging and effective learning skills workshops.
- You will be able to identify barriers to overall student learning experiences and work with key members of the team to help improve student experience.
- You will act as deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead and training will be provided if required.
- Deputise for Head of student support on ad hoc basis.
Excellent knowledge and understanding of:
- Academic skills and student support in higher education or a similar environment such as schools/colleges or companies.
- Teaching methods and strategies appropriate for higher education and students with different modes of study from a diverse range of educational backgrounds and ages.
- Supporting student/adults with disabilities/health conditions preferably within an educational context.
- Good knowledge of equality, diversity, and inclusion principles and legislative requirements including confidentiality and data protection.
- Casework management relating to advice and support of differently abled students/young people, preferably within a higher education setting.
- High level of communication, interpersonal and presentation skills including 1:1 and group work.
- Experience of generating and implementing innovative ideas and approaches to supporting students.
- Some experience of supporting students in at least one student need category: mental health, disabilities, learning differences, widening participation backgrounds.
£36-40k (pro rata)
Company pension scheme
Company healthcare scheme
Closing date for applications: 22nd November 2023